Recruitment, Hiring & Screening
Development & Retention
These efforts include:
- Officer Support Hotline
- Officer Mentorship
- Employee Rewards & Recognition
- Prompt, Efficient and Accurate Compensation and Pay Administration
- Professional Officer Training
- Weekly Payroll
- Free Uniforms
- Medical Plans
- Paid Training
- Holiday Pay
About ARROW SECURITY
After being wounded in the line of duty, retired New York City Police Officer Edward Ahrens founded ARROW SECURITY PATROLS in 1985. Ahrens continued to build his business over the next decade. When deteriorating health forced Ahrens to retire in 1995, A.J. Caro purchased the company with two partners to form what is now known as ARROW SECURITY. In the next decade, Caro acquired sole ownership of the company and he continues to serve as President and CEO.
A.J.’s philosophy for ARROW is simple. Provide clients with security solutions tailored to meet their specific needs and give them a world class level of service. This philosophy has helped build ARROW into one of the largest privately held security guard companies in the Unites States with a 97% customer retention rate and an average client relationship of over 15 years. This dedication to customer satisfaction runs deep throughout the entire organization and is what sets us apart from the competition.
We proudly provide over 2.6 million hours of guard services each year, protecting billions of dollars in property and assets. We are an approved, pre-vetted GSA Cooperative Purchasing Program Contractor and hold Secret Clearance with the Department of Defense (DoD).
We believe in local support for our partners and our communities. That is why we have Regional offices with dedicated management and HR Teams, 24 / 7 / 365 Regional Command Centers and local Field Inspectors / Supervisors to ensure we exceed our customer’s expectations. Safety, security, tradition, and service are our legacy.
Chief Executive Officer
Arrow Security is fortunate to have A.J. at the helm developing strategic plans, overseeing technology solutions, and developing systems to ensure that every partner has a superior customer experience. A.J.’s security background spans 25 years, yet he remains a visionary leader, motivated to serve our partners and grow the company. A.J.’s commitment to customer service sets the tone for the entire organization and he regularly makes himself available to clients.
- 20 years as a Licensed Private Investigator
- Department of Defense clearance
- Named Top 40 Under 40 Business Person
- Smart CEO award
- Awarded Fastest Growing Company by Inc Magazine
Chief Operating Officer
Rock-solid operations are the foundation for exceptional service. In his prior career, Peter managed the entire NYC prison system. Today, he oversees our day-to-day administrative functions, manages internal affairs and works closely with the Chief Financial Officer to ensure that every partner receives the service they have come to expect of Arrow Security.
- Nearly four decades law enforcement experience
- Graduate of Harvard’s John F. Kennedy School of Government Executive Education Program
- Consultant to USDOJ / NIC
- Private Investigator, NYS
- 9/11 Responder
Chief Financial Officer
At Arrow Security, our priority is continuity of service. We count on Brendon to support our business foundations and track the bottom line so that we can continue to offer superior service to our partners for years to come. His expertise also ensures that we remain in compliance, not just with state and federal regulations, but with partner expectations as well.
Brendon is a proud member of the following organizations:
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Financial Executive Networking Group (FENG)
- Society of the Friendly Sons of St. Patrick
Chief of Staff
JC Glick is a military veteran with over two decades of experience in leadership, strategy, and operational planning. As Chief of Staff at Arrow Security, Glick oversees the company's day-to-day operations, develops and implements strategic initiatives, and ensures the highest standards of security and safety for clients. Before joining Arrow Security, Glick was a Special Operations Officer in the US Army, leading teams in high-stakes missions worldwide. JC also worked as a leadership consultant, advising organizations on how to build strong teams and cultivate effective leadership. JC brings a unique perspective and valuable expertise to his role as Chief of Staff at Arrow Security, helping the company to deliver top-notch security solutions to its clients. His commitment to excellence and integrity is reflected in everything he does.
- Previous experience as Leadership Consultant and Executive Coach developing high-performance teams and leaders in various Fortune 500 organizations, international non-profit organizations, government agencies, the NFL, numerous NFL and NBA teams, and multiple NCAA programs
- 20 years of military experience, former Army Ranger and Special Operations Operator
- Author of the books A Light in the Darkness: Leadership Development for the Unknown and Meditations of an Army Ranger: A Warrior Philosophy for Everyone.
Chief Revenue Officer
Scott came to Arrow Security with over 25 years’ experience in the security industry. His leadership experience and background in sales management, product marketing and business development ensure that we will continue to rank among the most successful security companies in the nation.
- 23-year career with Honeywell in electronic security and safety
- Former Vice President of Business Development with Summit Security
Executive Vice President, Client Services
Security is an exacting business. No one knows that better than Robert, a retired NYPD Detective and former security business owner himself. He develops all company policies and procedures, standardizes operations, and ensures that we remain in compliance with all Federal, State and Local requirements. In so doing, he works closely with our team of Regional Vice Presidents and builds relationships with our partners.
- More than three decades law enforcement and security industry experience
- Combat Cross recipient, NYPD – Mayor Ed Koch
- LI Chapter Board Member, ASIS
Executive Vice President, Operations
With a law enforcement background and more than two decades of security industry experience, John is a master of setting a strategic foundation for business success. We count on him to ensure client satisfaction while monitoring compliance, growing the business, and supporting his team.
- Vice President, Eastern Region for Command Security
- More than 25 years of security industry experience
- Former Police Officer, MA, and TN
- Member, ASIS
Vice President of Compliance and Human Resources
SHRM, ASIS CPP®
High performance companies require superior staff and a solid strategy for leveraging talents to serve the partner’s best interest. Melissa is a Human Resources expert who specializes in selecting Officers and staff who meet our rigorous training and performance standards. She supports them, and you, by managing leadership, development and training programs, employee compensation and benefits, and employee relations.
- Northeast Regional Director for Command Security
- More than 10 years of security industry experience
- Over two decades of HR experience
Executive Director of Corporate Compliance
Recruiting highly skilled, experienced Officers and staff is a top priority at Arrow. From placing employment postings to increasing our visibility as an employer, we rely on Amy to ensure we find and retain top quality candidates dedicated to serving our partners.
- More than 20 years of customer relations and business development experience
- 10 years in corporate recruitment and Human Resources experience administration
Executive Director of Field Support Services
Licensed Private Investigator
As former Law Enforcement Officer and Security Director who eventually became a founding member of the US Department of Homeland Security, Lou’s industry experience is unmatched. Following a successful career with the Federal Government, he became certified to teach a variety of security courses and joined the Arrow Team. Lou remains an active, certified instructor in a variety of key areas while also providing Field Support services to the Arrow Team.
- Founding member, US Department of Homeland Security
- Firearms and Use of Force Subject Matter Expert (SME), NY Field Office
- Certified Instructor: ALICE Active Shooter, NY State Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) General Topics and Firearms Instructor for Security Guards, Municipal Police Council General Topics (Police)
Vice President of Protective Services
With a military and law enforcement background and more than 14 years of private security industry experience, Mike is an expert in setting a strategic foundation for business success. We count on him to ensure client satisfaction while monitoring compliance, growing the business, and supporting his team.
- S. Navy Reserve. Served in Operation Desert Storm and was awarded the National Defense Medal
- 22-year veteran of the NYPD. Retired as Detective Squad Supervisor
- 10-year career with MSA Security as Director of Operations
Director of Sales Operations
With a diverse background in sales, operations and account management roles, Debbie strategically organizes our sales operations to support our business growth. We count on Debbie to keep our sales operations running while ensuring a smooth transition and onboarding of new clients.
- Deep experience working in complex corporate environments across multiple functions
- 20+ years sales and account management experience
Corporate Director, Recruitment
Jonathan comes to Arrow Security with 20 years of recruitment experience in various service industries. Jonathan has extensive experience in the security industry working to hire all levels of employees, from Security personnel to Security Management to C-Suite level employees. Jonathan’s expertise in developing and leading teams of recruitment professionals is unmatched in the industry, resulting in numerous meritorious awards throughout his career. Jonathan and his team strive to search for and hire the best qualified and trained employees to advance the mission of Arrow Security and our partners.
- 20 years of high-level recruitment experience
- Over 15 years of leading recruitment teams
Senior Vice President of Operations
LSSMBB, MBA, MS
As an Operations Executive and Lean Six Sigma Certified Black Belt, Ray has a solid record of creating operational efficiencies, reducing waste, and delivering significant cost savings. When faced with a new business challenge, Ray steps back, identifies the root cause, and proactively corrects the underlying issue with the belief that you can’t find the best solution unless you know the real problem.
- Established 4 Lean Management System programs within Dow 100 companies, driving nearly $2B in annual savings and over $1.4B in new business growth opportunities
- Executed more than 200 continuous process enhancement and automation projects, improving processing, capacity, and productivity by up to 75%
- Certified Productivity Expert
- Certificate of Advanced Study in Information Security – Syracuse University
Michael De Paolis
Vice President, NYC Operations
Licensed Private Investigator
With a law enforcement background, including 20 years as Detective with the NYPD and 15 years of private security industry experience, Mike has the background and expertise our clients rely on and is experienced in managing, mentoring, and driving teams to achieve results.
- Grew a small regional company w/$10M in revenue to a nationwide industry leader at $250M in annual revenue
- Built and operated the Emergency Response Function for large scale natural disasters and civil unrest, ensuring business continuity, with the core discipline of command & control
- Managed extensive Executive Protection division, providing protection to heads of state and business leaders, worldwide
- Tour de Force Executive Director & Co-Founder